Non-Surgical Solutions

Wed Oct 9 20:40:59 2002

Hello All!

I'd like to share some thoughts and information for those who believe that surgery may be their only option for treating adhesions. Reading through these archives, this certainly seems like a widely held belief! The first thing I'd like to mention is that the body is designed to rid itself of adhesions on its own. Just as it is a natural, organic process for the adhesions to occur in the first place, the body is designed to "break-down" these tissues as it completes the healing process. This process is called "fibrinolysis" and if you would like more details on it, look it up with a key word search on the the web. This process will be impeded in a state called "ischemia" (oxygen deprivation)in the surrounding tissues. Unfortunately ischemia is probably the norm for most people who develop adhesions as adhesions themselves are produced out of trauma and dieased conditions which almost always accompany ischemia. If you can treat the ischemia, that is restore a good flow of oxygen to those damaged or diseased areas, you should, in theory, be able to restore functions like fibrinolysis (plus other organic functions which also may be decreased in the area). My experience, and the experience of many others, seems to support this theory. I believe that a lot more physicians would recommend treatment that achieves this if they were made aware of it but, sadly, most doctors either don't really know about "alternative" treatments or dismiss them on the basis that they have no hard scientific data to explain how it works. I work with a variety of techniques that create and promote the oxygenation and energization of the body. Through my own work on myself I've mananaged to transform my own body from being knotted, "glued" and in serious pain due to adhesions in my abdomen to being much freer, looser, and in much less pain. I'd like to help anyone interested to do the same. The practices I use are part of a larger practice I do in the field of somatic (body-based) psychology so my experience is not limited to working with adhesions only. They are merely one very nice benefit of this type of work to those who happen to suffer from this condition. I welcome you to contact me at (805) 886-4834 with any questions you may have (let phone ring for a while, voice mail takes six or seven rings to pick-up). The work we do can be taught and coached over the phone so if you are interested in working together we can easily do so in this way.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: