Re: It should be cancer.

Mon Oct 7 14:41:18 2002

Dear Karla -

Just when I was having a quite pleasant 'woe is me' party I read your post. Heck, I'm in good shape.

At Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Karla wrote: >
>Hi all!
>
><snippage>But I have realized that at least with
>cancer there is an end. Either I'm cured or I'm dead. At this
>point...I'd be happy with either result.

Yanno, I was saying this very thing to my sister Chris today. They grow, inhibit (and destroy) the function of organs,and though they take longer can ultimately kill you. WHY aren't they as aggressively researched as cancer/AIDS/diabetes? Frustrating to say the least.

>
>Every time you think about having surgery because the pain is so
>bad....think of me. If you can't get to the best doctors out
>there.....don't do it. A lot of people don't like it when people tell
>them not to have surgery....I don't care. I say it because I can....and
>because I care enough for each and every one of you to want to scare the
>crap out of you so that you won't do anything you will regret in the
>future.
>
>Love ya!!!

Oh Karla, this is the same messagae I am sending to anyone who will listen. I did get through to one woman about eighteen months ago when she said her OB/GYN wanted to do a 'first look' KNOWING the woman had adhesions. I talked to her from 3pm to 5pm the night before the surgery and told her to run not walk away from that doctor and find someone who knew how to deal with adhesions. She cancelled the surgery as soon as we got off the phone and about two weeks later had her hyst done by someone who knew how to use barriers. She did fine. So believe me, your message is getting out - and I would rather scare someone than have them in the same boat with me.

--
Marla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: