PLANNING A TRIP to GERMANY for SURGERY: 1.) Passport...2.) Out-of-country medical insurance

Fri Oct 4 13:12:04 2002

This information will give you some idea as to what is involved when planning a trip to Germany for surgery.

If you decide to seek an adhesiolysis with Dr. Matthias Korell at Duisburg, Germany.....there is specific protocol that you, as a new patient, must follow. I (olddad66@runestone.net) can provide you with Dr. Korell's protocol: "The Proper Way to Contact Dr. Korell". This is a list of information that you must complete before contacting Dr. Korell for the very first time.

If you decide to seek an adhesiolysis with Dr. Daniel Kruschinski at Frankfurt, Germany; Lisa Graven (Lilylover5555@aol.com) is the patient advocate for Frankfurt, Germany; and Lisa will be happy to assist you.

X X X X

1.) Applying for your U.S. passport the easy way: The following website provides information as to how, when and where to apply for your passport:

http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html.

It may take as long as two months before you actually receive your passport. If you need your passport sooner, you can expedite (hurry up) the process for an extra fee. I expedited my passport; and I received it within two weeks!! Your passport will be checked by the airlines as you leave a country and again as you re-enter it. Keep your passport easily accessible at all times!!

2.) Out-of-country medical insurance: Don't assume that your medical insurance will cover out-of-country medical care!! It's your responsibility to find out if you are entitled to it. Both Medicare and Medicaid do not pay for out-of-country medical care!!

Some medical insurance policies do have a clause that allows out-of-country medical expenses. If your medical insurance will pay for out-of-country medical expenses, it is your responsibility to submit your claim (for hospital and surgical costs) to your insurance company. After your insurance company has taken responsibility for its share of the costs, then you are to reimburse the Klinikum Duisburg and Dr. Korell for the unpaid balance.

X X X X

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: