Re: Shawna

Wed Oct 2 19:50:06 2002

Helen Dynda wrote:Dear Shawna,

Did Dr. Cook perform a laparotomy for you - with the use of Seprafilm? If so, when?

I'm not familiar with your ARD experience. How many surgeries have you had - and what kind (laparoscopy or laparotomy)? Have you been told that you cannot have laparoscopic surgery - because of adhesions?

Helen

~ ~ ~ ~

At Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Shawna French wrote: >
>Thank you Helen, I had 9 full sheets of the Seprafilm placed last time, I know Dr. Cook is using the gel I will post that question to him, thanks again Shawna

~ ~ ~ ~

Helen Dynda wrote:Dear Shawna,I'm not certain if the use of SprayGel adhesion barrier will be limited to laparoscopic surgery or not. I do know that ALL three of the current adhesion barriers - INTERCEED, INTERGEL and SEPRAFILM - are restricted by the FDA in the United States for use in open abdominal procedures (laparotomy) only!! Helen ~ ~ ~ ~ Re: Adhesions-Related Disorder (ARD)... A Mini Course; From: Shawna French(frenchysha@yahoo.com); Tue Oct 1 07:59:21 2002 Thank you Helen!!!! I suppose the new Confluent SprayGel,then, if approved for the United States will not be accessable laporotomy?? Wondered if you knew that? With your research knowledge. What you went through for so many years is incredibly sad but I am glad you must feel alot better after the spray gel in Germany?????? Wishing you a warm and blessed day, thanks again. Shana F >
>WHENEVER A MESSAGE IS SENT FROM ME, KNOW AN ANGEL IS NEAR YOU

Helen, sorry was so loong getting back with you am very ill and been trying to coordinate surgery, have been trying to hang on for the gel but my body is saying different. Yes, I had a laperotomy with Seprifilm and usually according to Dr. Cook he takes cuts off of a sheet and applies it to removed adhesion areas, in my case they were so exstensive(adhesions) virtually every part of intestine was incased with adhesions, plus intestine to the abdomen wall 2 times, have had to have resection and many hernias found in small intestine , a huge one from groin to belly button that wrapped around my back, strangulated one also, all caused from adhesions, no they can never get in laproscopic. My story is (some of it) on the quilt. Thanks for taking time to talk to me. Fondly Shawna also stuck to lver, stomach, uterea tubes and blatter.

WHENEVER A MESSAGE IS SENT FROM ME, KNOW AN ANGEL IS NEAR YOU

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: