My update

Sun Sep 29 13:23:05 2002

Hi everyone! I hope this message finds you having a wonderful pain-free day. Not so for me, but I'm trying to be positive. I haven't posted here in a while. Probably mostly because of my Laporoscopy that's next thursday to look for adhesions and endometriosis and I'm very nervous. I'm worried they won't find anything wrong, or they take out the adhesions and then the pain still won't go away, or that I might die, and of course the post-op pain. The recovery room is the pitts! I find that it's easier for me to deal with all of this by trying to distract myself with work and such. So, needless to say, I'm a nervous wreck. Oh, and to add to my stress, my boss reprimanded me last week because of all the doctor appts and medical tests I've been going to and missing work because of it. Apparantly, it doesn't matter that I work weekends, work late and miss lunches to make up this time and also that my department is meeting it's goals and deadlines. Here I thought I was doing a damn fine job considering the chronic excrutiating pain! I think in the last 6 months, I've left work early maybe 3 times because I couldn't function any longer. I think I'm protected under ADA right now, but Illinois is an at-will state, which means, I think, that they can fire you without any real reason. I'll post another update after surgery. Talk to you soon! God Bless!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: