Re: i have adhesions in my pelvic area. anyone can you help?

Wed Sep 25 21:34:10 2002

At Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Meegs wrote: >
>Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I too had a laporoscopy on Monday
>the 23rd and I was told that my left side of my pelvic area had
>adhesions that stuck my bowel fallopian tube and ovary together so he
>released it, yet at the same time he said he wasn't sure what it was
>from. I find that Ironic because I have never previously had an
>operation nor did he find endometreosis, although i have every symptom
>of it. I don't get it, and sometimes I think the doctors don't know
>either. I think i will be getting a second opinion, and if i were you I
>would demand an answer to why you have adhesions. but, if you have a
>child already you could have the adhesions from childbirth.

>Hello Michelle;

I have had quite a few Laparascopies to remove adhesions & for other procedures as well. I found out the hard way that by not doing too much running around, & just taking it real easy, (at least for the first two weeks after surgery/laparascopy), you will heal alot quicker. There will also be less of a chance for the adhesions to come back. As far as why you had the adhesions to begin with, it may have been caused from a previous operation, (if you ever had an operation). I also see from your previous message, & agree that childbirth can also cause you to get adhesions. One of the other ways that you may get adhesions, (I got this information from a close relative of mine who is a chiropractic doctor), is through prolonged inactivity, poor diet, and/or a past injury. The adhesion/s can actually end up anywhere in your body because of this. An example is your intestines, if they become stagnet due to prolonged inactivity, poor diet etc..., they will start to contract (beome tight), and this may cause it to bunch up (sort of speak) and stick to together & form adhesions. The intestines can also start attaching themselves to other organs, like the liver etc... This is just a basic run down on another possible way to get adhesions. Though surgeries are a major cause for getting adhesions. I just want to add that when I had one of my Laparascopies done, I did not have a problem getting pregnant. Mabey this is more information then what you needed or wanted. I just thought I would share with you and whoever reads this, the little bit of information that I know, & found out. I hope it helps. And mabey this is a good time to put all your energy into doing absolutely nothing!!! Just thought I'd add a little humour. I find at times it helps to keep the spirit going. Good Luck!!! and "God Bless You." Bye for now, MeGaaA

At Tue, 17 Sep 2002, michelle wrote: >>
>>i have adhesions in my pelvis area all removed from a laparoscopy, but i
>>was wondering why i have them and can that interefere with me falling
>>pregnant with another child? is there any name for adhesions? thanks
>>from michelle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: