To Lisa from Jo

Tue Sep 24 18:14:30 2002

Dear sweet Lisa!

You have nothing to apologise for!! If I had gone to Germany for MY surgery, that's what my email would have been about... I am just thrilled that you have had a good result too.... the more of us the are, the better hope for everyone else :-)

The reason I mentioned Australia is because I feel VERY FORTUNATE to have had surgery in my own country, you had to travel almost half way around the world.... I travelled to Sydney.... three and a half hours away from home to have mine. My wish is that everyone could have surgery in their own country instead of travelling so far!

I just can't work out why USA FDA is doing more testing on SprayGel when it has already had one trial in the USA & was trialled again in Europe. Australia has pretty tough regulations for medical products too, usually Australia approves a drug AFTER the USA???? So when I discovered that SprayGel was already approved in Australia I have to admit to being a little shocked!!

LOL Lisa you aren't going to believe this.... I just this minute received mail from N.STENNING & Co who are the distributers of SprayGel in Australia and it is a story with photo of you after your surgery!! It's a great photo & you look VERY happy.

My one disappointment Lisa is that you had to travel so far to get help. :-)

I hope that some will travel to Australia for surgery too, I am proud of my country and believe that our doctors are up there with the best. I was thrilled with the care I received before, during and after BOTH of my surgeries.

My eldest daughter Emma has been diagnosed with Endometriosis already, she is just 17yrs old!! Dr Jason Abbott is wonderful with her, and she responds well to him, I have every confidence that she will receive the BEST treatment and I KNOW she will not suffer the fear, torment and pain that many of us have.... because she already has a diagnosis and she is already receiving treatment to try to keep the disease from spreading too far.

Jason won't do any surgical intervention until there are indications that the disease is spreading or her pain becomes unbareable. At the moment she is responding well to the preventative treatment and is suffering minimal discomfort as compared to me.

I guess the message for everyone in this post is.... YES there is HOPE and I believe that one day SprayGel will become standard practice with surgery...if you have surgery, SprayGel will be applied to the raw areas before closing.... *sigh* isn't that a pleasant thought! The end of torture and pain... life without adhesions IS wonderful!

Love & warm gentle hugs, Jo

--
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.