Re: rectocele

Thu Sep 19 14:16:11 2002

Barbara, I have never had my rectocele operated on. I think that is what Jenny Low had operated on last year but not positive on that either. My mind isn't as clear as it use to be before the pain meds came into my life. You could email Jenny at jenklow@hotmail.com.

I know I have a moderate rectocele because it is on my physician's report, however no-one has mentioned any treatments for it, in fact never even told me I had it. I always suspected it but doctors pretty much ignored me when I mentioned it. When I started getting my reports from all my doctors there it was in black & white but I guess it is a secret they keep from me (LOL)! The report says "asymptomatic" so whatever makes them happy, because I do have symptoms, they just choose to ignore them so I stopped telling them long ago. Mine doesn't stick out of my vagina making it visible on the outside, maybe yours does since yours is severe.

If you insert your finger (s) in your vagina and push backward toward your rectum you can push the rectum back to where it belongs temporarily, even having sex can do this. I know it sounds gross but it works and Jenny has also done this before surgery. Afterward I can expel trapped gas and sometimes even move my bowels.

I did have my cystocele operated on but that was at the same time I also had my vaginal hysterectomy and the recuperation time was 6 weeks. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. Hope this helps.

JEAN

"Unless you have walked in someone else's shoes you will never know how they feel"

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Barbara Means Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 9:50 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: rectocele

Jean I was diagnosed with a severe rectocele after a proctogram. I am probably looking at a surgical repair based on my other symptoms. What is the recovery time for this type of surgery?

At Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Jean wrote: >
>I forget who had a question about this?!
>I also have a Rectocele. I was diagnosed in 1986 at which time it was
>"moderate". I have no idea what it is like now.
>I also had a Cystocele and Uterine Prolapse which were operated on many
>years before that.
>
>RECTOCELE - An abnormal protrusion of the wall of the rectum into the
>bladder. This condition can result in stress incontinence and
>difficulty in passing stool from the rectum.
>
>When the rectum bulges into or out of the vagina, it is called a
>rectocele. It is caused by a weakness of the back wall of the vagina. A
>large rectocele may make it very hard to have a bowel movement,
>especially if you have constipation. Some women have to push the bulge
>back into the vagina in order to complete a bowel movement.
>
>There is a diagram here.
>http://www.universityobgyn.com/pelvic.htm#Cystocele
>JEAN
>
>"Truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship."

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: