Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Mon Sep 16 11:53:30 2002

At Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Esther wrote: >
>At Wed, 8 May 2002, SammyD832@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>Millie,
>>Hello I'm new to the post but read mostly everyday.My name is Angie,and
>>I just wanted to share with you about my experiance with twisting of the
>>bowels because you sound sort of what I've already been through. In 2000
>>they took out half of my colon and 3 feet of my intestines!! Still here I sit
>>going
>>from dr. to dr. still in constant severe pain.Been suffering with adhesions
>>for 18 years, done had about 12 surguries because of the massive webs of
>>adhesions all over my pelvis & abdomen. They are on my kidneys, Bladder,
>>Ureters, spleen, Ribcage,gallbladder, spine&tailbone......Everywhere,
>>because everytime they go in in a month, they are back. I thought in my 20's
>>when they told me I had to have a complete hysterectomy due to
>>endometreoisos that all my problems would be over; they had only just
>>began!! Well what I would like to share with you is how they found out
>>my bowels were strangulated and twisted and blocked was they did a mri
>>& a small bowel series, in that one X-RAY it shows alot . It showed how also
>>adhesions had my colon grown and attached to my left ribcage, &then all
>>the rest, well I still day in & day out fight the most horrible severe pain
>>as
>>I'm sure you know!! Gosh, If only they could at least treat this like it's a
>>Diease & find a cure or just some answers>>>(IF ) Well just wanted to
>>introduce myself, and let you know I'm here to offer any advice, and hear
>>any you all have for me.........It;s been about 4 nights and I enjoy reading
>>you alls letters it makes me feel like someone out there
>>understands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>we'll god bless you all and have a blessed and peaceful as possible night!
>> your friend, Angie
>
>--
>HI I have been here reading for a month. Let me explain my situation. I am a 53 old female who has been having alot of medical problems lately. In 1953 I had appedics removed, in 1971 I had pelvic infammatory disease caused by a IUD. At this time I was so sick I thought I was going to die , weighed approximately 87 pounds due to this had a complete hysterectomy at that time it was called a bikini operation thru the bottom of my stomach. About nine years ago I had my gallbladder removed microsopically from which I got a hernia this was sugically fixed by cutting an opening and putting a screen in there to hold it in place, after this I had severe diahrea so they did a colonoscopy, they removed two polyps, six months later another colonoscopy this time there were two larger polyps that looked cancerous so I had to have a sigmoidectomy they removed 4 ft of my intestines, by the way worst surgery I ever had. the polyps were precancerous but were found early enough, almost one year later two more polyps removed they were ok. Docter said my bloating was due to adhesions, I am a small women 5'2 never weighed over 125 lbs in my life now weighing 160 and looking like I am nine months pregnant only bigger then I got when I had my three children. So i went back to the surgion and he says oh no you don't have adhesions you would be throwing up. He ordered a CT scan with/contrast. I went to pick up my prep kit and asked to speak with a radiologist. I asked him if adhesions would show up on this test, he said no not unless they are in your small bowel, I was so mad thet this doctor I had trusted was sending me for a test that was going to come back negative at my expense, now I am so angry I don't know what to do. I think I should get all my medical records and go somewhere else instead of this one horse town where all they doctors are in cohoot, please any one do you have any other suggestions,,Mad In Montana Good luck to all that are suffering with this proble
m!!!!! Esther >

--
HI I have been here reading for a month. Let me explain my situation. I am a 53 old female who has been having alot of medical problems lately.   In 1953 I had appedics removed, in 1971 I had pelvic infammatory disease caused by a IUD.  At this time I was so sick I thought I was going to die , weighed approximately 87 pounds due to this had a complete hysterectomy at that time it was called a bikini operation thru the bottom of my stomach. About nine years ago I had my gallbladder removed microsopically from which I got a hernia this was sugically fixed by cutting an opening and putting a screen in there to hold it in place, after this I had severe diahrea so they did a colonoscopy, they removed two polyps, six months later another colonoscopy this time there were two larger polyps that looked cancerous so I had to have a sigmoidectomy they removed 4 ft of my intestines, by the way worst surgery I ever had.  the polyps were precancerous but were found early enough, almost one year later two more polyps removed they were ok. Docter said my bloating was due to adhesions, I am a small women 5'2 never weighed over 125 lbs in my life now weighing 160 and looking like I am nine months pregnant only bigger then I got when I had my three children.  So i went back to the surgion and he says oh no you don't have adhesions you would be throwing up.  He ordered a CT scan with/contrast.  I went to pick up my prep kit and asked to speak with a radiologist.  I asked him if adhesions would show up on this test, he said no not unless they are in your small bowel,  I was so mad thet this doctor I had trusted was sending me for a test that was going to come back negative at my expense,  now I am so angry I don't know what to do.  I think I should get all my medical records and go somewhere else instead of this one horse town where all they doctors are in cohoot,  please any one do you have any other suggestions,,Mad In Montana     Good luck to all that are suffering with this problem!!!!!  Esther

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: