Re: LOOKING FOR PATIENTS WHO HAS HAD SURGERY WITH DR. GERHART AND DR. REDAN IN PA?

Sat Sep 7 21:21:53 2002

Dear Ruth, Dr. Redan and Dr. Gerhart have excellent reputations. I had surgery with Dr. Redan and Dr. Reich 14 months ago. The video showed that they were meticulous and incredibly skilled at removing the adhesions right next to the organs without cutting the organs too.

The only problem is that the adhesions came right back. I basically had no pain free days, because by the time the operation pain was gone, the adhesion pain had started. You might want to look into spray gel. I'm going to either Australia or Germany and make use of spray gel where it is allowed. It is not yet allowed in this country. Soon I hope, but not before your operation.

Some people have had the surgery with them and their adhesions have not come back. You did not say, but have you had previous operations and did the adhesions come back? If you have not had a previous operation you may be amongst those whom Dr. Gerhart and Redan can help, but if you keep having recurring adhesions, well, that's a problem. These doctors are good but they are not magicians. Love, Sally

>----- Original Message -----
From: "ruth" <Ruth_2002_29@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:22 PM Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR PATIENTS WHO HAS HAD SURGERY WITH DR. GERHART AND DR. REDAN IN PA?

> Iam 27 years old .Ihave 2 kids and been married for 10 years . I am
> sheduled to have surgery with these dr's on Nov. 14th 2002 and need to
> know how people feel about the dr. and how they feel after surgery and
> how much relief do they have? I have severe, massive intra-abdominal
> pelvic bowel omentum adhesions and am told surgery will be about 7 hour
> long. They are probably taking some of my intestine out along with half
> my rectum.I have already had a hysterectomy and my appedix out.Please
> give your opinion .
>
> --
> Ruth n.
>