Re: Pain Center: Common Questions Asked by Patients

Thu Sep 5 01:19:55 2002

Hi To Everyone!!!

My name is Chrissy and I live in North Jersey and I am new to the grooup. My story is on the Adhesions Quilt. My Email address is: Roses4chrissy2@aol.com, you all can write directly to me, if you choose to!!! :) I just wanted to make a comment on this email I received today in my email, regarding : "Why Pain Clinic's Do Not Believe In Narcoctic Medication." Well, firstly I am in Pain Management and I am on narcoctic medication's to control my chronic/everyday pain from adhesions that I have. I have been on the drugs called: Oxycontin and Oxycodone> Oxycontin - is 40 mg at 6am and then I take a 20 mg at around 10AM and again at 2or4pm , then I take my evening dose of the 40 mg at 6pm. The Oxycodone is a 5mg instant pain relief pill for - only when I have breakthrough pain , while being on the Oxycontin. I hate being on these pills , as I am totally addicted, depdant on them as well as, them being my:"Quality of Life In A Bottle!!!" This really stinks for me because, I have found absolutely NO SURGEON THAT WILL OPERATE ON ME TO REMOVE MY ADHESION'S FROM MY BOWEL/INTESTINES, AND MOSTLY MY SECUM AND SIGMOID COLON!!!!!!! All the surgeons that I have went to see and meet to discuss doing this operation for me. I was told that their is: NO WAY THEY WILL OPERATE BECAUSE MY CASE IS VERY , OR SHALL I SAY- IMPOSSIBLE TO PERFORM!!!!! Reason being, is my adhesion's are so bad , that when or if they were to go in to remove them and some of my bowel, it would be litterally impossible, due to them not being able to visualize my organs underneath these adhesion's of mine. They could very easily cut right into my bowel/intestines, main arteries and then I would be in big trouble and die on the opeating table. I could possibly wake up with , either 1 or 2 colostemy bags ...FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(. I hate being on these narcoctic pills to control this pain, so I can live, but I have had a very bad addictive behavior to the medication!!! I have taken an extra pill or 2 here and there, threw-out the many days of the month and then I would actually short myself 1-2 weeks!!!!!!! And the withdrawls???????!!!!!??? Oh my God!!!!! So horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reason that I did this was because my tolerance to the medication has gotten so high, that when I did take my normal dose of 1 every 12 hours... was not enough to take away the excruciating pain!!!!!!! Now it is 2 am on September 5th and I have got home several hours ago, and have found that my husband left me!!!! I have no job, no husband, no family ( seriously).. no family of mine to help me financially!!! I have 3 beautiful Pomeranian dog's to take care of, rent and all the bills to pay every month!!!!!! My husband was trying to understand, but all he could see was that (in his eye's & his side of the family), a FULL FLEDGE DRUG ADDICT!!!!!!! I promised him that I will take my medication right and not take extra anymore, get a job and stick with it.. no matter what, cause he does not make enough money yo support the 2 of us!!!!! It's impossible!!!! So no, I have to get out there and find me a job and one that will understand that I need to go to my pain management doctor once a month on Wed.'s!!!!! I had a wonderful job as a: Business Office Manager with the Marriott Corporation/ Brighton Gardens Senior Living Property, making $37,000K, annually!!!!! I had to quit a week and a half ago, cause my General Manager/Boss , gave me a hard time with me having to leave the office for a total of 2 hours or less to go. When I interviewed with the Company & her, I explained that I had to do this and that I would come in early that day and stay later, the hours I missed. They agreed and said no problem!!! Then all of a suden , it became a major problem with her!!!! Itold her that if I did not go to the doctor's and missed just one days dose of my medication, that I would be withdrawling & plus I cant miss a days dose being I need to keep that steady line( as my doc says), of being pain free and it wouldn't be a pretty site & plus it would cause me to be out of work. So, I had called my husband at home and explained to him what she did & said to me..... He ( my husband), told me to just quit!!!!! He also said that I can find a job anywhere!!!!!!!! I asked him:"Are you sure you want me to do this, Sammy?" He told me.. "Yes!!! Just hand her your keys and name badge and tell her you quit!!!!" So, i did that. Now, or for several days, he has been compalining that he can not pull it off with just his paychecks , supporting us with living and all other expenses. I know and knew that, but like a jerk, I listened and did what he said. I thought & felt that I could always beleieve & trust my husabnd, but I was totally wrong!!!! Now he has movedout and I am left in the dust with nothing!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!! I am a strong woman ( at times) and I will get out tehre and find a job, doing anything and tell them ( new bosses), that I need a Wednesday morning off at the beginning of each and every month!!!! That's if I decide to go work at "Shop-Rite" - which would be a cashier for a food store!!!!! What else am I going to do???!!!! I have to work and manage my pain so I have a life and need the money to pay my bills and all!!!!!! Well.. enough of me crying on all of your shoulders, but I needed to vent!!!!!!!! Please eamil me back with some suggestion's on what to do with this horrible situation that I am in!!!!! I need your help, advice & most of all: YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening to me!!!!!!! Please email at: Roses4chrisy2@aol.com. I would love to hear from some of you personally. Thanks so much all of you!!!!! :)

SIncerely,

Chrissy - New Jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: