Adhesions Breaking Point

Tue Sep 3 15:20:35 2002

What a great resource for those of us dealing with adhesive disease. My story has been told by so many in this forum with the only difference being my name was not signed to the post [yours were].

I have had 12 operations [abdominal] over 20 years, and currently 45 y.o.that no Doc will touch until I fully obstruct. Currently, I am with partial bowel obstruction referred to as "frozen bowel" and maintained on percocet. Food is NOT my friend [sigh]..

I will not eat anything when out of the home due to the colon resenting food and I cannot handle the thought of the embarrassment of being caught in a Public bathroom with this 4th of July party. It is so hard to cover this disease up when around friends, colleagues and family...and I am SICK of making excuses to avoid socials around food.

I have hit a breaking point now, and its been 8 years since the last obstruction. They are starting my workup, I am praying they take me to O.R. and give me a few years of relief. I was told to expect to need adhesion breakdown about every 5 years.

Thanks for being here....sometimes this disease wears me out with disgust and NO hope.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: