Top Doc in Boston says 'I can't help you'

Mon Sep 2 07:40:43 2002

Well, I did have my hopes up. Sought out the head of Gyn surgery in 4 th ranked hospital in country. I waited for months for this appointment. You might think this is going to be a sad post but now I see it as a blessing in disguise. You see you were ALL there with me! My best friend took me. As soon as we hit the waiting room. I knew it was mostly all IVF folks. Great way for docs and drug companies to make money. I told my friend I would be offered Lupron with in the first 5 minute of the appointment. It was more like 3. We had a good eye contact laugh for ourselves. I politely said I did not tollerate that drug well and it was not an option. He looked at the operative report from my mangled TAH. He did not look happy. He asked me what my main problem was. I said constant pain. He said what pain is the worst. I said pain with BM was the most excrusiating. He grabbed a piece of paper and started to write down the name of a bowel surgeon. Perhaps he could resect the area where my cervex was still adhered to my rectum. He went to pass me the paper signifying our 10 minute appointment was over. I have been blown off way too many times and recognise this manuveur. Then you all came to me and I started to use my new found education. He actually said lets do a quick exam. I did not expect one but sure...the more time I got with him the better. I started to talk about what they were doing in Germany with gasless lap. Doctors who are not afraid to lyse adhesions or excise endo.. The abdolift the spraygel ect. I asked if he was familiar with the works and writings of Dr. Reich...this certainly raise an eyebrow when he found Dr. Reich was involved. All the things I learned here or started here and I went on to investigate further. He assumed that it would be cost prohibative to do this and when I said under $15,000 he said go. It sounds like my only hope. The exam was over. My friend was in the waiting room. I send a few tears of disappointment. Jimminy Crickets, this is America...the most medically advanced county in the world? I ask the doctor to repeat what he said to my friend. ( my mom and brothers think I have mental problems and am not really sick cuz I had that hysterectomy) He told my friend that if it was his wife or daughter he would send them to Germany. My friend had a heart to heart with my brothers...my mom still does not believe I can't be helped here in the Great city of Boston. She (a former nursing instructor) thinks I should have exploritory surgery and have that darned overy removed. We live next door to each other and barely speak. It's so sad....But it's off to Germany I go! My friends and brothers are setting up a fund at the local bank tomorrow to start raising the money. My dearest Helen, you have helped me the most. Thank you for providing the link to angel flights. If I qualify I'll get to Germany that much quicker. To Jo and all @ Bombobeach thank you for your education and those special gentle hugs. To Lisa...your my main man as to all info about Germany. I can't believe you are going to work. I can't thank you enough for the precious information you have given me. All of you on our precious quilt and newcomers alike. I still have hope and I want my life back so desparatly. So sick and tired of being sick and tired as they say. Sorry to blather on so. My love and prayers to all, Dawn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: