Jayne Silver from Oklahoma City, No 38 From UKAS

Sat Aug 24 10:50:25 2002

Dear Jayne, I am quite often able to help people from European countries as I find that our health service here in the UK is very similar if not the same as Europe, especially EEC countries who can have surgery etc free. But I think it is very different from the way things are done in the USA and I don't know enough about your health system to be of much help to you.

So I would like to put you in touch with Dr David Wiseman PHD (Synechion@aol.com) who founded the International (IAS) website for adhesion sufferers at http://www.adhesions.org and Tracy Joslin (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org) who is the IAS Administrator.

As well as the IAS website which has a wealth of information they also have a support group - mailing list at adhesions@adhesions.org who will I am sure be able to give you the help and support that you need. I have been communicating with some of the girls there for over 3 years now and count many of them as my dearest friends. I don't get the chance to write too often to them but I send information that I feel may be appropriate from time to time. One of the best ways to cope with your pain is to share your experiences with others.

I am not sure if you can just post direct to the mailing list or if you have to sign up somewhere but I am sure that Tracy or some of the girls will contact you and put you on the right tract.

In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesions Society http://www.adhesions.org.uk Kath.Findlay@adhesions.org.uk

-----Original Message----- From: Jayne [mailto:jams7772002@yahoo.com] Sent: 23 August 2002 20:29 To: Kath Findlay Subject: Re: Hi Jayne,

Dear Kath, I am really surprised someone read my letter, I have gone through so much in the last twelve years, I feel like nobody wants to hear my pain stories anymore. Makes people not want to be around you. My BOYs need their MOM back. Thanks for your kind words. I do have a surgery scheduled, for this hernia in my colon, and I may have to have a resection of my colon, plus they will cut out the adhesions that are in there right now, My Doctor says they are all over my organs, It hurts to wear panties, and clothes. They gave me Darvocet for pain, but I have to take two of them to make the pain subside for about 30 min to an hour, but I try to stay with the prescribed amount to deal with the pain, I hate taking medicine!! I am a divorced Mom of two wonderful boys, 12, and 8. I am living on a single income, and cannot afford the surgeries every time the adhesions come back, My EX does pay child support now, but I do not count on the money being there. I do thank you for thinking of me enough to write me back, and I do hope you and your family are okay. God bless you and what you are doing to help others. Thanks again, Jayne Silver Oklahoma City,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: