Re: Addiction -- Dependence -- Tolerance

Sat Aug 24 01:00:31 2002

I would like to say one thing in regards to my earlier statement about masking my pain....as I said, yes, my pain probably is being masked....to a certain extent. But, there is not one moment in any day that I am pain free.....not even 20%. I guess when I used the term masked maybe I was incorrect....but I know it is a coverup...to make my life bearable.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars................. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Tammy" <gstasiuk@telusplanet.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:26 PM Subject: Re: Addiction -- Dependence -- Tolerance

> I agree with you Kris Ann. I too am in the same position. My adhesions > are so bad and severe that the drs will not operate as They is a good > possiblility I will die or end up with a colostomy or losing a kidney or > two. Pain medication used for pain is not addicting. If abused and > used as a crutch yes. But masking our pain no. I too have a family and > the medication I take alows me to have a bit of a life and function. I > try not to take the strong heavy duty stuff but there are times and when > I let the pain get out of control and need the help. Allowing a person > to suffer when in pain does not do the body good. I agree 100% when you > have no options you do what you have to survive. Tammy > > At Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Naildoc84@aol.com wrote: > > > >Wow, > >You know,, I don't know You but,,, You don't know us... As for me > >personally,,, I have no other options... Surgery is out, it could kill me. > >Chronic pain is what remains. Shouldn't i have the option to raise my kids > >with help of medication,,, or stay in bed with a heating pad, and crying > >because I didn't take a pill to help me have the stamina to face the day to > >get on top of the pain. It may do as you say,,"mask " the adhesion pain,, > >but When there is no option,, I choose to be able to at least have the day if > >possible, to raise my kids. I understand you have been under some very > >strained circumstances,, I have had pain since 1988,,, i am a 36 yr. old > >woman, happily married, with 4 teenagers. I take painkillers to help me with > >my adhesion pain,, Not to mask my life. But because of it,, I can > >function thru every day tasks, Without it my jkids would be my nurse, my hub > >my caregiver, and i would be able to give nothing back. Don't make these > >people who have so little options feel like addicts because of your > >experiences. We all just want to be pain free. > >Sorry for your bad times,, and I'll pray for you. > >Kris Ann >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: