Re: Need your help A.S.A.P.

Thu Aug 22 09:31:33 2002

Dear Shawna:

I am familiar with Great Smokey Labs, and yes, they are in beautiful Tennessee. I think this is the proper url http://www.gsdl.com

I'm not sure of the spelling of the bacteria that he would be testing for, but it might be closer in spelling to acidophillis. I wasn't aware that there is a blood test for checking the levels (I thought stool test only), but I'm honestly not that versed in this. I do hope that the above url is correct, and that you can find the malabsorption answers by visiting the site.

Best wishes,

--
Clare

At Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Shawna French wrote: > >Talked with my last surgeon in Calf. yoday , I only got 10 minutes of >his time. I told him I feel I am malabsorbing in upper G.I. area have >been for quite some time but no Drs. can find out what it is. He >quickly mentioned this test called an upper G.I. blood panel (this >might not be spelled right) Asodopolas,?? He said alot of Drs. do not >know about this to test for it , unless they are well versed in it. >Something about the test is run at the The Great Smokey labs???? I am >assuming this is in Tenn? >I had an episode where my legs charlie horsed recently for 31 hours and >I know this is due to my adhesions plus the fact my right intestinal >area does the same thing and didn't associate the 2 until my legs did >this, and they are threating to reoccure nightly. Going to new primary >Dr. Fri and need to guide her somehow so I can get better care. Please >anyone having this problem and knows what it is or can guide me, I would >deeply appriciate it, or as to what the test is, once again, had to work >through another obstruction, also am tired as you all are of Dr.s that >don't care or get too overwhelmed to deal with our cases.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: