Sorry for not stopping by sooner

Fri Aug 16 22:32:19 2002

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know what has been going on with me. Sorry I havent been in here, but it has been horrific pain for me to sit upright to sit at the puter.

After I had my doctor tell me that the pain was in my head and that I was making it up, and that the only thing there was left for me to do was to go see a shrink.. I fired him.

I called my HMO, unfortunately I am stuck with a state insurance since I am unable to work, and my husband has lost his job because I can no longer care for myself or our two kids. So we are both unemployed now, and have to deal with the state insurance.

Well after I fired that doctor. I called the insurance and told them I wanted another doctor. This was around July 4 or so. The insurance company told me that I had to wait until Aug 1 before they could send me to another doctor and switch my insurance card to that doctor.

So of course I had to go back to the ER because I had nothing for pain. And told them I had an appt with a new doctor for Aug 7th.

They gave me I think a perscription of 20 pills to last me a month, which you guys know doesnt last all that long.

I was bed ridden for the whole month, like I said I could not do nothing for myself, or my family..and my husband lost his job so he could stay home and take care of me.

I went to go see this new primary doctor Aug 7th..and after all that waiting and pain, and 5 min in the doctors office, he told me he was referring me to yet another doctor An obgyn. Now in the past I was turned away from an OBGYN because they said there was nothing they could do for me since I dont have any woman parts left. I tried to tell this new doctor this and he told me, sorry there is nothing I can do for you, but to refer you to this obgyn...

I call the OB and they tell me that the soonest they can see me is Sept 9th. So now I have more waiting...He gave me a perscription for pain meds, but only a weeks worth. They are gone, and I am in terrible pain once again. I cant get out of bed, sit in a chair, and I have to crawl to the bathroom.

I am sooo jealous of some of you that have wonderful doctors that understand that you are in pain. I have to BEG for relief, and then when they finally give me some medication...Its only a weeks worth

I am at my wits end, I dont know how long I can do this. I cant find a doctor to help me, with medication, or even with surgery. I dont know if this is just California doctors, or if this is because I am on state insurance. But what am I suppose to do??? We are on state insurance BECAUSE of the pain, i cant work of course, now my husband cant work either because someone has to take care of me.

Sorry guess I just needed to rant. I'm just soo damn frustrated!!! I feel like there is NEVER going to be an end to this. And there is only soo much a persons body can take. Its pretty bad when your 10 yr old daughter looks at you in the morning and says Mommy will you be able to get out of bed today? And ofcourse I have to tell her no...Mommy will be in bed all day again. I know everyone here says no surgery... but I cant find any type of relief, not with rest, medication nothing. My history has been after my surgeries, I have at least a year and a half worth of pain free life before it starts again and since I have been in excrutiating pain for 7months now...I am ready for surgery. But I cant get a doctor to give me meds let alone surgery... So what now?? (shrug)

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! Lori

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: