Surgery & SprayGel are available in Australia too.

Fri Aug 9 20:17:02 2002

Hello to all my wonderful ARD buddies,

I have read Helen Dynda's post regarding surgery in Germany with Dr's Reich & Korrel and agree that a very experienced surgeon is our best hope for the BEST results.

I would also like to offer the alternative of surgery in Australia... we are a very advanced nation when it comes to medical innovations and have many very experienced surgeons of the same genre as Dr's Reich & Korrel. The surgeons who looked after me are very highly sought after and well respected here.

As a public patient, I had my own room, with ensuite bathroom, fantastic care from the nurses, catering and cleaning staff who were all friendly, compassionate and considerate people. As for my surgeons... there aren't words that describe exactly how I feel about them... they went out of their way to make sure I received the best treatment possible.

My bowel is my only complication this time, after being stuck down with adhesions for so long. One of my doctors went looking for a new drug on the Australian market for the bowel.... he managed to get it for me... I arrived home yesterday afternoon & had to page him so that he knew I arrived home without incident! (Last surgery for those who don't know me, my family & I were involved in a serious car accident an hour after my release from hospital... this caused internal bleeding & contributed to my rapid decline & need for a further surgery). He was very happy that I arrived home safe & sound.... I have to ring him every day for the next week (including this weekend!) to give him a daily run down on how I am feeling. How much did I pay for this fantastic service? NOTHING, except my taxes :-)

We also have a private medical system in Australia too, and you can take advantage of that & receive similar treatment to what I had. Also bear in mind that the exchange rate between the US$ and the Australian$ is also very attractive. US$1.00 is worth almost US$2.00... depending on the exchange rate. Yesterday the closing figure was 53.02cents in the dollar.

I know that Dr's Reich & Korrel have many thousands of hours experience in surgery; my surgeons have similar experience too. Please don't misunderstand me, I am NOT trying to say that our doctors are better; I am simply offering you another alternative.

If any of you have any questions or would like further information, please email me privately at joanne@bombobeach.com

I am so happy to feel this good after surgery :-) This last one was my fifth major surgery since February 2000, and I can say with all honesty that I have NEVER felt so good after surgery OR experienced so little pain and discomfort (except for my VERY blocked bowel...which IS clearing and I feel a little better each day).

If you would like to follow my progress, I will be posting a daily diary on http://www.bombobeach.com's message board. You are welcome to visit & leave comments or questions too.

I will not be leaving the IAS board or bombobeach.com now that I am pain free... I want to help as many of you achieve this wonderful feeling too...

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.