Re: NEW TO BOARD

Wed Aug 7 12:13:43 2002

Dear Dusti, First of all I am sorry that you are suffering so much but if you read the quilt you will see alot of us are in the same boat and many, many are alot worse off than us. You said your OB-GYN wanted to take a look and see what is going on. I am not a Dr. and I know I am only just learning about adhesions but take the time to see if there is a Dr. in your area that is used to treating adhesion problems and knows how to do a lap properly as to not cause more. What does she intend to do if there are more adhesions there. We all know from past history that cutting them down most of the time just makes it worse. Read the quilt about the new ways they are doing surgery. Read all the great stuff Helen Dynda has gotten for us. It is like going to a medical school. I am only saying this cause I don't want you worse off than before and I know it is easy for me to offer you advice. The only thing I can tell you is that I have put off surgery and am trying to get along with pain meds till Spray-gel is used in the USA. And always I give you my thoughts and prayers in whatever you decide to do. Write back and let us know how you are doing-we really care. Your friend, Jan

>----- Original Message -----
From: Dusti.Kirk@oscn.net Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 9:53 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: NEW TO BOARD

My name is Dusti and I am a 27 year old female. I have had 4 abdominal surgeries (c-section, uterine repair, c-section, hysterectomy) since 1997 and with the last 3 I have had adhesions removed that were attaching my uterus, bladder and colon to some other part of my body. My last surgery was February 2000 when I had a hysterectomy and I still have both of my ovaries. In the last 6 months I have noticed some of the painful symptoms returning. I have been having bladder problems on and off since I had my hysterectomy but I have been able to handle that pain. The pain with intercourse had returned as well as abdominal cramping, bloating, constipation/diarrhea. I have been able to handle the bladder and intercourse pain but I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the abdominal problems. I found a new OBGYN in Oklahoma City and she put me on low dose birth control for hormonal reasons and said to take them for a month and see how I feel. My abdominal symptoms have worsened considerably so I contacted her and she is going to do a diagnostic laparoscopy on August 23. She said she would like to take a look and see what is going on.

I would appreciate any information that you all might have for me or any advice. How long does it take to recover from a laparoscopy? How should I expect to feel afterwards? Does anybody here have the same symptoms as me and if so how do you deal with them?

Thanks

Dusti

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: