Re: Karla's current health status

Tue Aug 6 19:33:07 2002

Please tell Karla that I'll be praying for her and sending her good healing thoughts.

kcmo rose

At Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>In an email...Karla (ifirgit@new.rr.com) has given me permission to share her current health status:
>
>August 5, 2002
>
>I just was released from yet another hospital stay. Once again I was in the ICU with total renal failure. This time it took a little longer to get my kidneys functioning properly, but the Lord was with me all the way. They have realized that I have a very substantial blockage of both of my ureters; so on Tuesday I will undergo xrays to try and determine exactly where the blockage is.
>
>Once this is determined I will undergo an angioplasty type procedure where they insert a balloon through the nephrostomy tube in my back which will then be inflated to attempt to break free the blockage. If this cannot be done, I will have to maintain this nephrostomy for the remainder of my life - having new tubes placed every few months.
>
>The good thing is that this tube helps to cut down on the number of infections and hopefully will keep my kidneys functioning much longer. It is quite painful....but a pain that I am more than willing to live with - even if for just one more day.
>
>God's warmest blessings,
>
>Karla
>
>~ ~ ~ ~
>
>Dear IAS friends,
>
>Please continue to encourage Karla with your messages - and remember her in your prayers!!
>
>For those who don't know Karla's ARD story, please go to the Adhesions Quilt. Then scroll down to her name, Karla Nygren; and read her story. After you read Karla's story, you may change your mind about having surgery - with just any surgeon!!
>
>Karla continues to be an inspiration to all of us!!!
>
>Love, Helen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: