Re: 13 YR. OLD HAVING SURGERY FOR ADHESIONS AGAIN

Tue Aug 6 19:07:44 2002

Hi, I'm not a doctor and your daughter's situation sounds complicated, and of course I wish you the best in the world. I'm writing I guess because I'm confused. They are going to cut her open in a big cut and then go back in laproscopically after that to fix the adhesions? Did I get that right? If that's what they are going to do, it sounds completely backwards to me. And weird, too. Maybe you need another opinion? Have you gone to the adhesions board and done any research? http://www.adhesions.org It's a great place to learn and I'd say you need to do a lot of learning between now and August 29th. I know you want it to hurry up and for your daughter to be out of pain, but it could make it worse. Once again, I'm not a doctor, but I'd get lots more opinions if I were you. Love, and hugs and prayers go flying to you and your daughter. We are here for you to talk to. Love, Sally

> ----- Original Message -----
From: CConrad8@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 6:29 PM Subject: 13 YR. OLD HAVING SURGERY FOR ADHESIONS AGAIN

Hi, my daughter saw the surgeon this morn and he says she has a incisional hernia and probably more adhesions, from her last 4 surgeries. She is in a ton of pain and taking vicodin alot. They sceduled her sugery for aug 29th. I can't believe they are going to take that long. Also, any ideas on his plan, to go in and cut open her abdomen, fix hernia then put scope in and take down adhesions if needed. She is so young to go through all this, her first surgery was at 3 months for umbilical hernia, then at 9 for meckels diverticulum, lost 3 feet of ileum due to blockage, then another adhesion caused a total blockage at 11 then last december she had a lap for a ton of adhesions now we seem to be back to square one again. Thanks for any replies. Cathy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: