Karla's current health status

Mon Aug 5 15:49:26 2002

In an email...Karla (ifirgit@new.rr.com) has given me permission to share her current health status:

August 5, 2002

I just was released from yet another hospital stay. Once again I was in the ICU with total renal failure. This time it took a little longer to get my kidneys functioning properly, but the Lord was with me all the way. They have realized that I have a very substantial blockage of both of my ureters; so on Tuesday I will undergo xrays to try and determine exactly where the blockage is.

Once this is determined I will undergo an angioplasty type procedure where they insert a balloon through the nephrostomy tube in my back which will then be inflated to attempt to break free the blockage. If this cannot be done, I will have to maintain this nephrostomy for the remainder of my life - having new tubes placed every few months.

The good thing is that this tube helps to cut down on the number of infections and hopefully will keep my kidneys functioning much longer. It is quite painful....but a pain that I am more than willing to live with - even if for just one more day.

God's warmest blessings,

Karla

~ ~ ~ ~

Dear IAS friends,

Please continue to encourage Karla with your messages - and remember her in your prayers!!

For those who don't know Karla's ARD story, please go to the Adhesions Quilt. Then scroll down to her name, Karla Nygren; and read her story. After you read Karla's story, you may change your mind about having surgery - with just any surgeon!!

Karla continues to be an inspiration to all of us!!!

Love, Helen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: