Re: Introduction

Sun Aug 4 21:16:59 2002

At Sun, 4 Aug 2002, CynthiaKG wrote: >
>Since 1987, I have experienced 50+ small bowel obstructions due to
>adhesions from colon surgery. I have been at my wit's end, like most
>have been, I guess. I have experienced multiple surgeries to "repair"
>the adhesions, to no avail. I am hoping there are people here who will
>at least help me not feel so alone with this problem.

Cynthia, You are NOT alone!!!! I have not had as many surgeries as you but I do understand about the adhesions. Mine feel like little blisters inside that when I move or if I am constipated they seem to open un and burn and rub against each other. I have worked as an insurance coder for the last 13 years (8 almost nine in internal medicine and an ob/gyn for 4 years). There are alot of things I have found out that doctors do that are totally for money and turn around and laugh about it to their friends. Most think we are neurotic women who needes to get over it. This was said to a lady by a so called doctor because she has low back pain that he can't fix so she in his opinion, she just llkes to be drugged out addict. With 50+ surgeries,you should own half of the hospital and also the doctors home. I hope we can help you through this. Are you working or disabled? Maybe the government and doctors will get it. At least we do have some doctors to turn to for help. I just found a very good internal medicine doctor who really seems to care about my pain. I have IBS, Pelvic and Abdominal adhesions and Endometriosis. I also have severe chronic back problems. I have had 1 discectomy with fusion and now I am having problems with L5/S1 (5mm disc protrution, nerve and scar tissue from the back surger4y also). But I can always read this chat group and I know that someone will let me know how really lucky I am.

My prayers are with you Lynn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: