Re: Christine Lake from Sally

Sun Aug 4 10:16:03 2002

Dear Sally,

Your thoughts and concern are greatly appreciated! I totally know what you mean about making sure that the doctor performing the procedure is experienced. I do have every confidence in both my gynecologist and my surgeon. I have special needs now because of my gastric bypass. So I need to have a surgeon from the group that I had my bypass done with. I've chosen not have my original surgeon, because of his lack of concern for my pain, and his constant excuses for not having to help me. The surgeon that I have chosen, I've seen as well, and have heard many good things about him. In addition, he actually agreed with my gynecologist that it could very well be adhesions causing this pain. Now that is a triumph in and of itself! Most surgeons think that adhesions don't cause pain. Both doctors are very experienced, and in addition are very caring. They will both be there during my laporoscopy to deal with separate issues should they find something. The new medication I'm taking is called Pamelor, it's actually an anti-depressent that is sometimes used for chronic nerve pain. I don't think it will work, but maybe it will help me not cry as much. That's always a plus. Every stupid little thing that frustrates me, makes me cry now. It's been particularly hard at work, because I'm a manager, and it just doesn't look good to be crying all the time. My meds are all prescribed by the same pharmacy, so everything seems to be okay there. Thanks again Sally!

--
Christine Lake

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: