Re: The Medical Profession Has Evolved From....

Tue Jul 30 12:00:08 2002

At Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>The doctor of the 20th century / The doctor of the 21st century.
>
>There IS that element of both respect and trust that people have for their doctor(s); but times have changed - and changed drastically!! With the controls place on doctors by government insurance programs (Medicare, HMOs, etc.) - doctors are being told how they should do their job and all sorts of restrictions have been placed on them - especially in the case of the medical insurance programs!!
>
>These are my thoughts. If you would like to add yours, please feel welcomed to do so.
>
>XX> The Medical Profession Has Evolved From:
>
> 1.) The doctor of the early 20th century...
>
>.....made house calls
>
>.....was readily available for emergency situations
>
>.....was a friend to his patients
>
>.....was respected and trusted by his patients.
>
>To:
>
>2.) The doctor of the 21st century...
>
>.....is restricted as to how much time he/she can spend with each patient
>
>.....is regulated by Gatekeepers (medical insurance of all kinds) - regarding procedures (diagnostic / surgical) he/she can request for a patient
>
>.....is required to purchase very expensive mal-practice insurance
>
>.....was trained to not become emotionally involved with patients
>
>.....has lost the respect and trust of many patients
>
>..... is NOT revered by many of his/her patients!!

AMEN TO THIS HELEN .D. And thank you for all of your enlightening posts .. And i would add that Most Drs would'nt even recognize 90% of there patients if they saw them on the street..but yet we are expected to trust them! HA. Sometimes i am almost ashamed to admit that i am part of The Medical Community./But one of these days im going to be well and i will be one screaming nurse..going to bat for ARD suffers..I PROMISE YOU THAT! Hugs and Love Tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: