Re: Sally from Kelly

Wed Jul 24 19:18:31 2002

Angie, Thanks for the info. Now I wonder if I should have one done. The pain doc did look at all of my surgery records and the adhesion surgery tapes so I wonder does he believe it helps adhesion pain or does he think I am not having adhesion pain. I better ask before they do it Huh? Thank you very much for the info. I like input whether it is pos. or neg. Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 10:45:15 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Sally from Kelly Kelly, I pray the blocks work for you, I had several of them from my pain Docter(Anesthesiologist) & they did not help at all, & do have some risks, I just wanted you to be aware of the small writing on the forms you sign, & ask about the risks of the blocks, these are nerve blocks you are talking about, that the pain management gives?????? Some of the risks on the blocks they gave me I wasnt aware till I started having problems, & they never told me till I was having problems, he said you signed the forms & it said all the risks on there, heck no-one explained it to me , at the hospital they were just initial here ..here...& here, so I just thought it was routine consent forms, I just want you to be aware of the side effects because now I cant do a darn thing about it because I signed the consents, so just Please have them tell you the things that CAN happen, not meaning to scare you just being a friend & want you to be aware, I had 7 of these blocks done this year, & ended up having surgery on july 12...... The pain Dr. I WAS going to informed me that nerve blocks will NOT help Adhesion pain, but if it is Phantom, or systomatic pain due to so many abdominal surgeries then they will help, so just ask!!!!! Good luck & feel free to E-mail me at "Sammyd832@aol.com", Hope this helps you & wasnt at all meant to discourage you at all, just an experiance shared & thats what we are all here for.................................................. Hugs, love, & luck...........Angie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: