>I use a WONDERFUL surgeon at St. Joseph's hospital. Her name is Elizabeth
>Bonefas. She has done 7 of my surgeries for adhesions and understands the
>necessity for a "quality of life" approach. She has used a barrier and it
>did help with most of the re-growth, she also uses a harmonic scalpel. Let
>me know if you need more information.
>
>Samantha
>
>>From: mbbailey@txu.net (Bonnie Bailey)
>>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>>Subject: Need surgeon referrals for Houston area please
>>Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:00:12 -0600
>>
>>I have adhesions affecting my bowel/pelivc area again. My last surgeon
>>(an OB/GYN specializing in adhesions and Endo) is no longer on my HMO
>>list. Anyone had good experience with a surgeon in the Houston area?
>>This time I want to use a barrier to help prevent re-growth.
>>
>>Thanks, Bonnie B.
>>

--
My wife (55 years old) had her ovaries removed on Feb.12 of this year. She had previously had a histerectomy in 1984. Less than a month after the surgery on Feb. 12 she started vomiting and had terrible pain. I rushed her to the hospital where a tube was inserted into her stomach and she was pumped out. Contrast radiography revealed an obstruction of her small intestine. She had a second operation on March 10. Major adhesions had developed and the surgeon had to remove 35cm of her small intestine. She stayed at M.D.Anderson until April 17. The tube is still inserted in her stomach. For a while she was in acceptable shape eating small quantities with occasional nausea and vomiting. However she was not taking enough nutrition and started to lose weight and became very weak. On June 6 she had an appointment at the hospital and it turned out her potassium level was very low. She was admitted to the hospital again and after 5 days was released. Since then she is on artificial nutrition thru a central line catheter. She has bowel movements (usually diarrea) and eats very little. More often than not, she vomits about 3 hours after eating. The pain has mostly subsided but her intestine is very noisy. Incidentally she never had cancer.

I am looking for physicians in the Houston area but would consider other locations.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: