Re: Want to give up!

Mon Jul 8 13:04:16 2002

I, too, am glad that you have a doctor that you feel comfortable with, but I am in total agreement with Nancy. Adhesions do not go away. The only good thing about adhesions is that they stop forming within a couple of weeks after the event that caused their formation, whether it be surgery or abdominal trauma. In the past there have been NO barriers that have proven to be effective either. But, now there is hope. SprayGel has proven to be effective on a number of people. Unfortunately, it is not yet available in the U.S. People are having to travel to Germany to get it...which in and of itself is not a bad thing seeing as Dr. Korell is one of only a small handful of doctors capable of successfully dealing with adhesions. To all you new people, there are thousands of doctors out there who can remove adhesions and will do so at the drop of a hat, but I can count on one hand the doctors that are skilled enough to at least reduce their reformation. If you have doctors who are refusing to do surgery for you count your blessings. I know that you don't want to continue to live in pain, but the length of time that you will be without pain will be brief and chances are quite likely that when it returns it will be worse then ever. A doctor who says no is the best thing you have going for you until you can get to a doctor who knows what he is doing and can use the SprayGel.

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars................. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Nancy E. Hale To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 9:53 AM Subject: Re: Want to give up!

Dear Jennifer:

<snip> I have a wonderful integrated internal meds

Dr. and he tells me if the rest of my body can get well, (including my mind set) then adhesions will go away by themselves naturally, but because the rest of me is so sick my body cannot attack them rite now.

I am glad you have found a doctor you think is wonderful, but my personal opinion is that your doctor is deluding himself. Adhesions will not go away by themselves naturally any more than scar tissue on the outside of your body will go away naturally. I have had adhesions for 40 years, the rest of my body and mind is perfectly healthy, and the adhesions have only gotten worse and caused more problems. I have tried herbal teas and medicines, and until a year ago was extremely active. The pain caused by the adhesions has now gotten so bad that I can't even do my own housework.

Good luck to you Jennifer. Prayers and good thoughts.

Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: