Kidz can chat too!

Fri Jun 28 03:49:49 2002

Just a quick note to remind you that our families suffer because of our pain too! Lillian and Suze's daughters along with mine have been having a regular chat session on Saturday mornings East. Australian Time, which is Friday Night 8pm to 9pm US East. Standard Time.

This chat gives kidz the chance to find out they aren't alone either! Thanks to Lillian & her daughter Charlene, our children understand that other kidz have a mum or dad who is in pain too, and they deserve a time to ask each other questions and talk about themselves. Mostly they are interested in each other's family traditions and information about respective countries, music, etc has been a popular topic too. The chat is supervised by Kanga (Sally Gill the bombobeach.com webmaster who is also a training councillor). Kids from 12 to 16yrs are welcome, if your child is younger, it is possible for them to participate too, my daughter Jessicsa is just 9 and she is a avid fan of the Saturday morning/Friday night chat.

So why not let your kids find out how other families cope with pain and disruption in their lives.... mostly they are shocked at the similarities!

We ask that you give your children privacy and not hover near the computer during the chat and to let them invite you to sit down with them if they choose. Adults are asked to refrain from making any comments. Sally (Kanga) and my daughter Emma watch for bad behaviour and language. Children are given a warning, if they repeat the offence they are then banned from the chat room.

I hope your children enjoy the chat as mine do!

Cheers, love & hugs

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer