Adhesions since birth-MANY HOSIPTAL STAYS

Mon Jun 24 19:10:02 2002

Hi To All, I had my first surgery when I was two days old, do not know what the problem was when I was born, the hosiptal closed,can not get the records and the doctor has passed away.Well here goes, I am 52 yrs. old and have been in and out of the hosiptal many times in my life for lower bowel obstructions due to adhesions,I have had four more surgerys since birth, My doctor says I am lucky, for when my obstructions accur I have a ng tube put in i.v. and morphine for pain. I am usually in the hosiptal 3-5 days, depending how the obstructions goes.Well one year I was in seven times, I just was released six days ago, I went two years without an attack, pretty good I think.Why doesn"t anyone know WHY the adhesions start to strangle and cause these obstructions. I have been on high fiber diets,I no longer have trouble with constipation and still have these attacks often.I missed so many hoildays in my life and my childrens life due to being in the hosiptal, I am totally disgusted.Does anyone know what I could do to try and prfent these attacks, I would be so grateful for any info. Thank You Mary

P.S. You can e-mail me direct if you would loki. Jeffreymichael98@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: