Re: Did/Does Anyone Have Adhesions on their Ovaries? - yes I did

Sun Jun 23 23:08:55 2002

I also lost both of my ovaries due to adhesions on two separate surgeries, 3 years apart. The one ovary was attached to my bowel on one side and pelvis on the other side (tug of war) and completely incased in adhesions. It also had cysts. My other ovary was bound down and attached to my vaginal wall and also encased in adhesions. He couldn't find that ovary on physical exam until he reached downward instead of up where they normally are, and there it was. They are suppose to float freely but both were bound down and unable to function between the adhesions and cysts. They tried to save them but couldn't but they had spent hours wiping (filmy adhesions) just to free them, so as not to puncture my bowel. I couldn't walk erect because it hurt and pulled so much. I was pretty much confined to laying with my legs pulled up and my upper body bent forward to ease the pulling.

JEAN

"You can't spend the rest of your life letting someone else tell you how you feel, or tell you that you just see things wrong" - Dr. Phillip McGraw, Ph.D.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jo Eslick Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 9:59 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Did/Does Anyone Have Adhesions on their Ovaries? - yes I did

Hello Barb,

Yes, I did have adhesions on my ovaries, in fact they had been incased in adhesions, dragged down & attached to my vaginal vault, bladder, bowel and abdominal wall. This caused me incredible pain and there was a very distinct pain with ovulation. My ovaries were removed May last year to my regret, it simply made my problems worse. Not only did I have to contend with pain caused by adhesions (it was a laperotomy surgery and the doctor didn't remove ALL adhesions, much to my dismay and horror. I know struggle with severe instant menopausal symptoms including a thermostat permantly stuck on BOILING both summer & winter, nit pleasant. However, recently I was placed on a new HRT medication which has helped soooo much!

I suggest you speak to your doctor and ask him/her what he/she thinks. A pelvic ultrasound would reveal any problems with lare cysts etc, which was one of the reasons my ovaries were removed.

I hope this helps, you can read my story at http://www.bombobeach.com and go to the "Our Stories" section on the left menu bar, mine is the first story in the list. There is also a large number of stories on the adhesions quilt, and it would be a good idea for you to take a look at it too.

I hope this helps, if you would like to contact me personally write to: joanne@bombobeach.com and I will be happy to answer any questions as best I can.

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.