Scattered Notes

Sun Jun 23 12:38:22 2002

Dear All:

Stress and the added pain that comes with it have been a major factor in my life the last couple of months or so. There have been changes recently, and I hope that means things will now be better for a while.

I had a note from Karla today, which I would like to pass on to all:

>Just wanted to let you all know that I am home. I have been in the
>hospital for a couple of weeks with kidney failure. I don't know when I
>will be able to get back to you as I am off the computer for a while. If
>you could let the others know I would appreciate it.

I knew Karla had been ill before this, and I've been praying for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

CHRISSIE: So good to see you back posting the way you used to. Keep making that fantastic progress, and we will soon be able to carry on with our plans to meet in Bangor.

CHANTALE: Narcotics may not be as bad as you think. Tylenol will not control adhesion pain, and codeine does not work for some people - 30% of the people who have chronic pain do not have the proper chemical receptors to break down codeine to it's effective components.. A lot of the people on this board are on narcotic pain control, as I am myself. Personally I do not have any major side effects that would disable me from looking after small children - up until yesterday, my 3-year-old grandson was living here with us, and I was looking after him a good part of the time. The only thing I will not do on a regular basis is drive, but that is because it increases the pain levels. Talk to your doctor about this. Explain your concerns and ask his advice. Good luck.

BRENDA: Chrissie gave you some good resource sites. Unfortunately the NASAP site is down at the present time, due to extended illness by the site master. Instead, check out http://www.chronicpaincanada.org/ which is the North American Chronic Pain Association of Canada. They have a lot of resources that may be accessible to you in your area.

STEVE: So sorry that you have had to find us, but relieved that you did. We understand what you are dealing with as far as the chronic pain goes. You will find a lot of support here, and a lot of useful information.

SALLY: I know you have been through some really difficult times recently, and I know what it has taken for you to make the decision to have surgery again. You will be in my prayers, and we will chat soon.

LILLIAN: Lucky you to be only two hours in surgery! That is great, and I hope to see you posting again really soon.

To all the rest who I have not welcomed individually, you have come to a great site. There is a wealth of information to be found not just here on the message board, but also in the archives and in the links from the home page.

I pray every night for advances in the treatment of this disease which is trying to take our lives away from us. Every flower that blossoms in my garden seems like a new ray of hope.

Gentle pain-free hugs,

Nancy in NB

ICQ 9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: