Re: Stomach Bloating - Can Adhesions Cause This?

Wed Jun 19 08:40:03 2002

I've experienced this for quite some time now. I've been given a diagnosis of IBS, which I do have, but I've been trying to explain to the docs that this is different!

I've had all the tests, colonscopy (2x), MRI's, catscans, endoscopy, small bowel series, xrays, etc. Nothing was found but a small case of gastritis. Yet I continue to swell and bloat and it's become VERY painful.

I recently went to an Osteopathic doctor who ran numerous tests. Allergy tests, took stool samples, etc. She's found that I'm allergic to numerous foods and have a raging yeast infection in my intestines.

I'm now on a very restricted diet and am taking some different supplements to try and kill the yeast off.

It's helped some and I've lost 6 lbs. I do still have pains from what I suspect is adhesions, but unfortunately can't find a doc who is willing to listen or check it out.

I'm very small framed but look like I'm 6 months pregnant.

Oh, doc also found that my immune system and adrenals are all out of whack. She said probably from the trauma of what I've been thru these last 3 years trying to find answers to my pain.

Good luck. Tummy problems on top of the adhesions are horrible.

--
Kim M

At Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Barb wrote: > >I have had bloating for three months. Today it is terrible - it feels >inches bigger and so bad that I almost can't take in a full breath. It >feels like my insides are swollen, that something is pulling on them. >Has anyone experienced this?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: