Re: Nancy - The old 'IBS' diagnosis

Tue Jun 18 23:05:05 2002

Dear Friends,

I'm so thankful to have found this site. I have had one heck of a week. I saw a new doctor yesterday, and he was very mean, and told me I had muscle pain and that adhesions, DON'T cause pain. Every time I go to a new doctor and leave with no answers, I feel so hopeless. It makes me feel so sad. My pain has been really bad lately, then with the emotions on top of it, I'm a mess. Does anyone have any advise for me, I'm going to a pain doctor tomorrow and have know idea what to expect. This doctor I just saw, wants me to have pain injections. Are they good or bad? I've just had it with all doctors. I'm so scared. I'm trying to raise money to go to Germany. I have just had a hard day. You know how you feel when you just want to give up??? That's me this week. Sorry for babbling. I hope everyone is having pain free days. I'm so glad I have a place where I can vent, and the people don't think I'm crazy. Well maybe I am?? :) Thanks for listening. I'm totally broken, each day I walk by faith and faith ONLY.

Your Friend, Jill

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Barb Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 3:40 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Nancy - The old 'IBS' diagnosis

At Tue, 18 Jun 2002, rowdyladyrose@aol.com wrote: >
>Nancy,
>
>Ok, Irritable Bowel Syndrome...IBS is our life.
>
>Now, hmmmmmm, what could possibly be the CAUSE of the IBS...oh, I
>forgot...we're hysterical females! HAH...I can't be hysterical, I've had
>a hysterectomy! LOL
>
>What a rip...they can't see it, don't feel it...therfore and ergo, it
>doesn't exist.
>
>I'm soooo tired of these medical professionals that won't get themselves
>educated...it's like an engineer still building houses out of mud and
>thatch!
>
>Good luck to our Canadian friends.
>
>kcmo rose

Amen! My doctors just keep insisting I have irritable bowel. When I tell them I have adhesions pulling on my damn bowel, they look at me like I am nuts! They just refuse to believe me! It is maddening! Even my OBGYN insists that adhesions don't cause pain- I l'd like to see him with some scar tissue pulling at his colon!

barb

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: