Bowel adhesions

Tue Jun 18 17:44:32 2002

Hi,

I am new here. I'm 52 years old and have had problems with endo and adhesions since 1988. I was first diagnosed with endo in 1989 through laparoscopy. I had an hysterectomy and one of my ovary plus adhesions removed,in 1992. As the pain came back, the gyn. removed the other ovary as well as adhesions in 1994. Of course, the pain came back and the gyn. removed adhesions which were close to my colon in 1996. In 1999, i went back to my gyn. complaining of more pain lus a lot of constipation. He then told me that as it probably was touching my bowel, he didn't want to operate on me anymore and that i should see a gastro. The latter referred me to a surgeon saying that as the problem was outside of the bowel, this was that kind of surgeon it took. Anyway, i went to see the surgeon who had a ct scan of the abdomen done as well as an anema barium which was very painful. The only thing that was seen by the scan was what looked like a gallbladder stone. My family doctor had a ultrasound done buy nothing was seen. So i wonder if it was not an adhesion that was seen. The surgeon doesn't won't to operate because he says, i have to wait till i block completely. My health problem are the adhesions which constipates me plus the pain which starts in the pelvic area up to around the liver. I have nausea plus sometimes really bad dizziness. I have to take colace pills and metamucil in order for me to have a small stool. I have to follow a strick diet and drink a lot of water. I also suffer from chronic fibromyalgia and arthrosis. I went to see a doctor who specialize in fibromyalgia and he prescribed me the neurontin which helps me with the abdominal pain. I take 800 mg three times a day. The doctor told me that this pill doesn't have much side effects. I also have to take vioxx, it is an anti-inflammatory, plus flexeril, a relaxing muscle pill and 1 rivotril once a day. What i can say for the neurontin, is that it is the only pill that helps me for the abdominal pain. Before taking it, i had pain all day long, now it's once in a while. It is a pill for the nerves, so as we all know, we have nerves everywhere, it's probably why it helps for the adhesions. I would like to know if some of you with either bowel adhesions or in that area have been dizzy? When i don't digest, gets nausea, plus almost no stool and dizzy at the same time, i can't sleep lying down. It's worst. I have to almost sit to sleep and as i have fibromyalgia, i wake up with a neck and headache pain. What alife! Thanks for reading me. Odette from Canada

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: