Re: Home from surgery

Thu Jun 13 08:06:29 2002

Dear Robin:

Yeah! It's good to know that you are home!

I am one of those people who reads everything that I can get my hands on concerning any topic of interest to me. I would like to share some information I stumbled accross. I hope I'm not being too forward - if I am then please just ignore me! Perhaps you've read the same studies, but just in case you haven't....

There's a new form of thinking that some surgeons are now studying closely (although some have believed this for years). These Drs believe that one of the factors involved in adhesion formation is inflamation, which (they believe) can be reduced by the patient taking appropriate pain meds post surgery. I think there may be something to this theory, because from my personal experience, my surgeon did not want me taking anything for pain, and here I am....

So Robin, please take the pain meds to keep yourself comfy and to hopefully reduce the formation of new adhesions. Is there any anti-inflamatory agents in your meds? If not, you may want to consider asking your Dr for an anti-inflamatory agent as well.

And Robin, it's sooo good to hear from you! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Hugs,

--
Clare

At Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Robin wrote: > >Dear All >Thank you so much for all the prayers. My surgery went well. He >repaired 2 hernias with mesh. My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 & I was >home by 10:15. I am of course having some surgical pain, but the meds >are keeping it at bay, taking them about every 3 hours. I go to the DR >tomorrow for a check up & so they can remove the drain tube. My husband >& daughter are taking good care of me. I passed the computer on the way >to the bathroom & decided I felt up to a short post. Dan was going to >post latter, but I beat him to it. >Chrissie, all 3 of my dogs are out side!! The cats have been patiently >waiting for their loving, so I keep a pillow over my tummy, you never >know when they might decide they have waited enough. >love to all >robin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: