Dr. Korrel and going to Germany

Fri Jun 7 15:47:19 2002

I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how I can start the ball rolling on having my sister possibly go to Germany to see Dr. Korrel.

As you may know from my other messages, my sister Linda suffers with severe adhesions. She has a blockage and is unable to eat or drink. She spends most of her day in the bathroom. My family and I are extremely worried as she has already lost almost 35 pounds. Her current doctor does not want to operate - although he admits there is a blockage. He has pushed her to his "assistant" who is very kind but also does not want to attempt to relieve the blockage. They tell her that if she is in extreme pain to check herself into the hospital where basically they do nothing...except put her on IV. Between me and all of you, I'm afraid my sister is going to die.....I'm trying not to be dramatic here but I'm concerned....how long can someone stay without eating????

I understand the first step is to get her medical records. Now you're not going to believe this....her two main physicians will NOT give her copies of her own medical records. Okay, so I advise my sister to get a power of attorney and demand the records....which she has done....she has a friend who is an attorney who will draw up the power of attorney and have the records released to her (the attorney).

In any event, our family is now considering sending her to Germany to see Dr. Korrel. If that would help her, we, as a family, are willing to pool our money and send her. My only question is, "How do we begin this process??" I don't mind doing the leg work, I just don't know how to get started.

My sister is also considering Dr. Redan and Dr. Reich but they will not fill out her insurance forms....so the burden of paying rests on us as her family. We're still trying to figure out how do we come up with all that money??

So as you can see there are no doors closed yet....the only problem is my sister......she refuses to take responsibility for her own health...which troubles me.....I can't understand how she wants to just lie in bed and wish to die.....I'm sure all of you can relate to her feelings....but I refuse to let that happen......!!!

Any information is appreciated as usual.

I just want all of you to know that I thank God for your help and all of you are in my prayers for pain-free days. You all have been a wealth of information and support. Thank you.

Rosemary

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: