Whew...There are others

Thu May 23 05:28:25 2002

In 1979 I had an ovary rupture. The doctors in [a city which I won't name] thought I was inventing the pain and would not treat me. It took me five years to find a doctor with enough _____ (brain, brawn...you fill it in) and he was only inside for seconds before he closed me up realizing that he had never seen anything like my situation. He referred me to a micro-surgeon who took on the task of 'fixing' me. After three surgeries in two years I had part of one ovary and fallopian tube left and most of my uterus. The doctor who did the surgery couldn't understand how I had survived the rupture but I somehow did. I actually walked hunched over for more than a year. The adhesions were either the cause or the effect since nothing (except some unidentified material) could be found as the original culprit.

We beat the million to one odds and had a baby girl (now 16) and since then I had to undergo a radical hysterectomy to have all the other female organs removed and the surgeon was 'so happy' he could save my descending colon, pancreas and bladder. I didn't even know they were involved!

I fell to tears last year when an emergency room visit showed (with ultrasound) that the adhesions are now around my stomach, gall bladder and heart. I honestly thought they would stay where they were. That pain was often unbearable but the angina associated with these new adhesions is not only painful but also very alarming. I gave up on doctors so many years ago due to the constant, "Well, what would you have me do?" I know the surgery is out of the question at this point and I was on pain medication for a very short period of time due to the effects. I have been using meditation and other relaxation techniques for many years but that hasn't stopped the adhesions from advancing. I'm sure (I hope) that they can't make it up to my brain.

Okay, that actually felt good...to get it off my chest so to speak. Thanks for listening.

--
Kathleen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: