First time here & greatful to have found you!

Wed May 22 13:08:26 2002

Hello, my name is Michelle. I'm in beautiful, sunny Florida and I am new to this site.

I was made aware of this site by Dee Galbraith & the PA Docs (Reich & Redan) all of whom spoke very highly of you "guys". I am not very computer savvy & am unsure how to navigate through here, but have managed to read some of the messages on the board and recognize myself in so many of you.

Although I am truly sorry to find others who are suffering I am also greatful that you are so willing to share your experiences in order to help others.

I have a question about spinal cord stimulators that I will pose in another message with that as the subject line, and will try to introduce myself now by sharing my story. I think thats what I'm supposed to do, right?

Although my troubles began fairly recently (1998), it feels like forever. I think I've been fairly aggressive in my search to understand what is wrong with me and to get it fixed!

The long version of my story would require a novel, so I'll try to do a short version:

I am in my early thirties and my troubles began with an abdominal hysterectomy performed by my OB/GYN in Feb'98. I developed pelvic/abdominal adhesions which have caused constant pain as well as bowel & bladder difficulties. As appears to be the case with many of you, I've been to numerous doctors, undergone countless assorted tests, taken all sorts of meds and had a handful of surgeries - all to no avail. I was fortunate to have met Dee through a mutual friend fairly early in this journey and she was tremendously kind and helpful and directed me to the PA Docs (Redan & Reich). I went to them this past Dec and they did a laparoscopic lysis of adhesions, removal of a bunch of clips & leftovers from previous surgeries & a High McCall's Culdoplasty. The result, it was amazing! This was the first time that a surgery didn't immediately result in worse pain, in fact there was no pain at all - I was completely pain free! Unfortunately, within about 6 days of the surgery the pain began its gradual insidious return accompanied by the return of the bowel & bladder problems as well. Now, five months post PA the pain & problems are worse than ever. I don't fault the PA docs, in fact I have nothing but the highest praise for those guys. They were the only ones who EVER helped even if it was so temporary. They are highly skilled, kind and compassionate and willing to give it their best shot.

Anyway, I'd better stop here - I said this would be short and its not...sorry! Thank you for listening.

--
Michelle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: