Re: Adhesions And Allergies

Wed May 15 14:25:58 2002

Dear all on this forum, I have a clinical and personal problem that some of you may be able to help with. My partner has long standing endometriosis and has now had 11 ops in 10 years. She is also now salicylate and NSAID sensitive after heavy analgesic usage such that natural salicylates (she is of course a vegitarian and most veggie food is high in salicylates!!) will trigger angio attacks. We have had two airway compromise attacks,luckily I am an ER director. During the last laparoscopy, 2 weeks ago she was treated with intergel to reduce adhesion formation. 2 days post treatment her pelvic pain returned with a vengence, much worse than normal with marked pain on any intra-pelvic movement. 6 days post treatment she started with angio attacks that built up until she started on steroids last night. Now the angio attacks and the pain are starting to fade. Has anyone else seen or suffered a similar problem? I understand angio-oedema has been seen more and more in the UK in patients with chronic pain, particularly Endo, and wonder if my partner's pelvic pain was local reaction to the surgery or the intergel. I'm pretty sure the systemic attacks were the absorbed intergel At Wed, 15 May 2002, A wrote: >
>Dear friends;
>
>I'm interested in how many of us have LATEX or SULFA allergies. Please
>email me a list of your allergies, JUST a BRIEF list, *Please*. My
>mailbox is overflowing already, but I DO CARE, and would love to know if
>you, too are allergic to LATEX &/or SULFA.
>
>Wishing you all total healing and great health,
>
>--
>A.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: