The Helica can remove Endo without causing adhesions.

Tue May 14 20:11:27 2002

Dear Friends, I sent you information on the Helica TC when it was first introduced in the UK. It is now going to be marketed in the US so I thought I would send you the latest update to let you know. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send you more information.

In Friendship Kath Findlay

The UK Adhesion Society

http://www.adhesions.org.uk <http://www.adhesions.org.uk/>

kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk

News update on the Helica TC The Helica TC can remove Endo without causing adhesions.

************************************************************************ *************************************************

--
Endometriosis is a disease affecting 10% of all women. Early diagnosis
is essential for treatment of this disease as long-term damage can
result in severe pain and infertility.

1. The Endometriosis Congress held in London in May 2000 was attended by delegates from all over the world. Helica exhibited the Helica TC and generated huge interest. The general consensus for treatment appears to be early referral for suspected endometriosis cases. This enables a consultant to decide on a course of action, before the condition worsens.

2. Helica have installed a unit in Florida at the North Florida Women's Centre in Gainsville. Following installation the unit was swiftly featured on American television. A US distribution deal for the Helica TC is currently in negotiation.

3. The first operation in Italy was carried out in January 2001 and a unit should be installed there in the near future.

4. Helica launch General Practioner advice for people who believe they may have Endiometriosis. Print this off and take it to your GP and email <mailto:helica@btconect.com> helica@btconect.com Helica with your postcode so we can advise you of your nearest treatment centre. All communications dealt with in the strictest confidence

5. Helica have had an instrument at Pinderfields Hospital, Yorkshire for some time. The consultant, Mr Macrow, observed that women treated for endometriosis using the Helica TC had a higher incidence of pregnancy than normal. After the completion of a study which was retrospective, the results were encouraging and a multi-centre study is now being carried out on 60 women: 20 - treated with the Helica, 20 - treated with diathermy, 20 - controls. This should prove an interesting addition to a study carried out in Canada which concluded that surgical treatment was more effective than pharmaceutical treatment in endometriosis cases where fertility was an issue.

6. Dr. Paul Dewart's study into Stage I & II Endometriosis Treatment with the Helica T.C. has just been published. More studies are available in our Research & Trials page.

7. We recently attended the World Congress on Endometriosis held in San Diego. This was a very successful meeting where the Helica TC was very well received by doctors throughout the world and particularly in the United States. Our distributor network in the USA is now in progress and we will soon be creating a US website.

Last update 5th April 2002

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: