Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Sat May 11 08:21:31 2002

Thank you! I, too, would like to extend a very happy Mother's day to each and every one of you. I'd like to share something sweet that happened to me yesterday. It doesn't have anything to do with this list, but it made me smile. On Thursday, I had a talk with my daughter and told her that I knew she couldn't afford to buy me a mother's day gift (actually in past years....not counting last year...she never would buy me gifts. Not for Christmas, my birthday, nothing. I would feel very, very hurt, especially at Christmas when she would take what little money she had and buy gifts for her dad, his girlfriend and her family.). I suggested that since money was tight on my end that she should not buy me a gift and that I would not buy a gift for her from her girls. She started crying and telling me that she always feels badly about not being able to buy me something nice and that she wasn't about to insult me with a gift that she just grabs out of a store so that I get something. She told me that I deserved better and that the time that the two of us spent together was enough of a gift for her. It totally changed my perspective on things and made me realize that once again there is more to life than materialistic things. Thursday night I was up all night. My pain was really bad and my five year old granddaughter was sick. She was running a good fever, had pain in her knees and had a cough that she just couldn't work out of her chest. When I was finally able to get her back to sleep I took two of my oxycodone that I have for breakthrough pain and laid down on the couch. I was supposed to be at work at 8:50. (Because of the money situation I have taken on a part-time job at a convenience store. My doctor would kill me if he knew, but its only maybe one day a weekor even every two weeks.) I awoke to pounding on my door. I wrapped a blanket around my body and opened the door to find a young man with a basket of flowers for me. I was flabbergasted. When I opened the card I found the nicest note from my niece in California, thanking me for being there for her no matter what was going on. It was the most pleasant surprise as she has a mom that she loves to pieces. Once again I am blessed. Okay, that's my sappy story....but it truly meant a lot to me. It also meant a lot for me to see the excitement in my granddaughter's eye as she presented her mother with the gift that she had made in school. She was so proud and it was obvious that this small gift was better than any gift we could have purchased in the store. Once again, Happy Mother's Day! Ccryder752@aol.com wrote: I would like to take this moment, whether you are technically a mother or not; or even not a female, too wish everyone on this board a very, very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Take this day to rest , relax, smell the roses and enjoy the beautiful things that life has to offer.

Your Friend, Cheryl

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: