Re: Karla

Fri May 10 17:41:29 2002

Cheryl, I don't have any problems addressing it on here. First of all, I was not on SSI...that is where a lot of people get confused. I was on Social Security Disability Insurance or SSDI. SSI is a welfare based program that helps people who have a very low income while on Social Security. You must either be disabled and have a low income or be 65 and have a low income. I believe you must receive under $600 a month for SSI. Its been a long time. I was originally found disabled in 1987...for probable Multiple Schlerosis. I made an unsuccessful attempt to go back to work in 1989 but used up the one trial work period that they gave at that time. In 1991 my problems began with the adhesions and all of my other problems. There was no way that I could work then....so many surgeries all together. I again tried to go back to work in 1998. Because I earned over the SGA amount of $500 per month my benefits were terminated. I worked for about a year before I became critically ill. I had to refile for benefits. The first time my claim had to go to the hearings level. The second time I was allowed at the reconsideration level because they didn't have the authority at the first level to combine the different problems into one disability. It was also at the reconsideration level that I also learned from Bev what papers needed to say and how the doctor needed to phrase things. Since then I have also learned...on my own..how to write letters for my doctor...to prepare them for him saying what I want them to say and then bringing them to him for his signature. I have done this with 3 separate doctors and haven't been refused yet. Anyways, they never took me off disability...it was my own fault trying to go back to work. Now they allow you two trial work periods. Karla Ccryder752@aol.com wrote: You mentioned in one of your posts that you had been on SSI a couple of times? I am interested in getting more clarification about that. Were you getting it and then they cut you off? If you want to, feel free to email me privately...ccryder752@aol.com Pain free hugs to everyone....

Your Friend, Cheryl

Yahoo! Shopping - Mother's Day is May 12th!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: