GAS & how to get rid of it

Thu May 9 22:00:51 2002

1. WALK I have always been told to walk allot after surgery because amongst the other things Karla mentioned it also is the way to get rid of gas.

2. BUTTS UP!! Another good way to pass gas (as gross as it sounds) is get in the crawling position on the floor and then lower your upper body so only your but is in the air (you know this position girls-LOL)!! Stay like that for awhile and you would be surprised at the gas you can pass.

3. "DEEP" FINGER-TIP MASSAGES You can also do "deep" kneading-type massages (pressing in with finger tips..... "not" relaxation massages). Start on lower right side and up under ribs and across to left and then down left side. You can actually "feel" the trapped gas. It hurts at the area of the trapped gas but just hold your breath if you must and keep doing it at that area and the pain will go away after you get it moving. I sometimes do this for 15 minutes at a time. Do it while lying down then you can get deeper. If it hurts too much I bend my knees. You can't do this one after a recent surgery though!!!

4. A HEATING PAD on your lower back also helps.

5. SLEEP ON LEFT SIDE Sleeping at night on your left side instead of the right side encourages gas and stool to go in that direction (law of gravity). JEAN

By being only what "you" are, you can awaken each morning to a new day that's an opportunity to seek whatever you want- with no previous deceptions to get in your way.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: