Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Tue May 7 22:01:20 2002

I was wondering why they didn't use the contrast,also. I took a lorazepam, and now I'm very sleepy. Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 6:11 PM Subject: Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Hi Millie: They commonly have a pre-questionare for you to fill out.Put down all of your history.Most of the time you don't see a radiologist, just the techs. Too bad they aren't using contrast...so much more accurate. Good Luck,Deb

-------Original Message-------

From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 16:33:57 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Hi, Yesterday I went to the gastro, and he didn't seem too concerned. He said I'd vomit if I was blocked. He is sending me for a pelvic CT scan without the contrast. I am going for that tomorrow at noon. The surgeon pressed all over my belly, and listened using a stethoscope. He seemed confident I'm not headed for anything bad. He said he felt no masses, and the gastro said likewise. My questions are: What can the radiologist find on a pelvic Ct without the contrast? Can they see if my remaining organs are a mass from adhesions? Should I mention that to the radiologist if I get to talk to him? Could they see any twisting of the bowels? Should I mention the hyst, what all was removed, as well as the fact I have adhesions? Thanks. Millie.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: