Having Another Partial Obstruction

Tue May 7 10:00:20 2002

I have been following the forum for several months now but have been suffering from adhesions since my 1998 hysto.Does anyone out there get "flare ups". Well that is what I call them..Partial obstructions where I get bloated, distended, pain in sort of waves,the now familiar ripping and tearing feeling, crampy, not able to go BM except small amounts very loose. How long do partial obstructions take to clear. I am imagining that I have a loop of bowel that is kinked or something. I take milk of mag, try to drink more water,eat small meals,soft foods, smoothies. I had a hamburger saturday evening and half way through it I knew I was in trouble. I finially found a good pain doc and I think with feeling so much better not being in constant pain I started thinking I could start eating normaly again. WRONG! Every time I get one I get scared it will turn into full obstruction.Anyone out there with advice. I am wonderiong if I need anti-inflamitorys or a different laxative..this one isn't working???

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: