Re: Can I share...found relief from new med

Mon May 6 18:43:47 2002

"cathy:-" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> wrote: Cathy,

You are so right. My surgeon told me that I didn't need anything for the pain. He pulled the usual "adhesions don't cause pain", but then when he was cornered and made the comment that performing surgery on my hernia wouldn't get rid of my pain we finally got him to admit #1 I had an adhesion problem (He would admit I had adhesions, but they weren't a problem) and #2 that they caused pain. Its kind of funny as I look back on it now...because they used to describe in great detail how awful it was having to cut through all my adhesions with each surgery and how that alone would take four hours (of course with them not doing it correctly) and how they wanted to avoid opening me up at all cost...but I didn't have an adhesion problem???? Even when he was caught up in his lies he didn't want to give me anything for pain.

Luckily, I have a doctor that is totally separate from my old surgeons. And I consider myself to be very fortunate to have gotten sick in California and been hospitalized in a place that believed in pain management. Who would have thunk?

Karla

What? Didn't you get the message? Pain relief for the dying is politically popular, but if you have the audacity to keep on LIVING, well the word is, "too bad, sucker..."

You know how when you're a kid and you broke something, how you would try to hide it, or clumsily glue it back together, or make it look like your little brother did it? Well we are the people that the surgeons "broke." They would like nothing better than for us all to die or just go away or whatever so they won't be constantly reminded of how badly they f***ed up. Prescribing adequate pain control to the people that one has caused to be in chronic pain would be part of the grown-up-take-responsibility-for-your-mistakes way of conducting one's life. And for a lot of surgeons out there, "pigs fly" and "hell freezes over" come to mind to go along with the phrase "take responsibility for your mistakes."

--
cathy :-)

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: