Re: Post Emails versus Personal Emails

Mon May 6 14:02:25 2002

I use the web page for the board, and here is the process that I've settled on as being the easiest...

Using netscape or explorer, I go to the table of contents for the month. This month that's http://www.adhesions.org/forums/ADHESIONS.0205/date.html . The "0205" is the code -- 2002, May. When June comes I'll still be looking at this page wondering where the heck is everyone, and then I'll go up and change the url to http://www.adhesions.org/forums/ADHESIONS.0206/date.html ...

The titles of the postings are all listed, with the most recent at the top. The posts which I've already read should be in a different color, but sometimes this board gets flakey with the browser and all of the messages show up as read.

Now the main problem I have with the board is that it takes a long time to "wake up" the message server -- sometimes it takes longer to load a page than to read it! So what I do is to open a new page for each message, and I open them all at once, so then it opens a "pipe" between my computer and the adhesions.org server and all the messages come at once.

In practical terms, this means that I take the page that lists the posts and i make it skinny, and put it on the right side of the screen. Then I take the MOST RECENT post, and I hold down the command key while I click on the link. I make that page skinny, and put it in the upper left corner of the screen. Then I go back to the table of contents, and command-click the 2nd-most-recent post. It should pop up in the upper left corner slightly offset the most recent post. Then back to the table of contents, and command-click the third most recent post. I rapidly command click all the way down the list until I get to the last post I haven't read. All of the windows are now lined up on my screen, and they are in order with the most recent post in the back and the next post after I left off right on top. Typically all the pages spin for a little bit, and then they all load bang-bang-bang right after the next.

So now I miniturize the table of contents page and read all the posts. As I read each post I close the window, thereby cleaning up the window explosion that I just did.

I hope this helps some people. I used to just start reading with the next post after where I left off the last time, and then at the end of each post I would click on the next post. This takes FOREVER, though, because while I am reading the computers close up their connections, and then it takes a long time to restart the connections. By reading the posts on the message board you aren't filling up your personal mailbox with the adhesions posts, and you can always go back and search the web site for them.

At Mon, 6 May 2002, Karla N wrote: >
> Angie,
>Jean explained this very well, but I would like to add one thing. I believe you signed up for a reason. I would point out that this is a wonderful support group and you will get the help you need along with the love and support. However, if you do not want to get all of the posts, but would still like to know what is going on you may want to select getting the digest version. When you sign up for digest you get one or two postings a day. These digest versions will have every posting in one or two emails. I always change my settings to digest when I am going out of town...that way I don't come home to ten zillion emails. To do this you would need to go to the message board page...go down to subscribe to forum and then you will have to page down until you come to a number of different choices. There you click on digest and enter the information it asks for. Hope this helps.
>By the way, welcome!
>Karla
> Jean Long <creative@enter.net> wrote: Angie,When you sign up on the quilt you are signing up to receive &quot;ALL&quot; posts via email which are made to the IAS board.If you look at the &quot;From&quot; area and the &quot;To&quot; area which are with the Subject area and Cc area it will say &quot;From: Adhesions@adhesions.org&quot; and &quot;To: Multiple Recipients of list Adhesions&quot;. (Personal emails not posted to the board won't have the adhesions address, they would have your personal address). You will not only receive posts in response to your posts, the only way it is to done is to receive &quot;all&quot; posts, regardless of who it is intended for. If you want to respond to someone and don't want it posted to the board you must click on that person's &quot;individual email address&quot;. Their individual address can be found after the &quot;From&quot; area and behind th
>ons.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of SammyD832@aol.com.Copy & Paste their address in the &quot;To&quot; area of your reply in place of the adhesions@adhesions.org address.(In other words I would be copying SammyD832@aol.com and pasting it into the &quot;To&quot; area and omitting the adhesions@adhesions.org address if I wanted to send you a personal email and don't want it to go to the board for everyone else to see). Clicking a normal &quot;reply&quot; automatically puts the adhesion board in the &quot;To&quot; area and sends it to the board for everyone to see. If someone is responding to you in particular through posting on the board so everyone can see it many times they will put your name or the subject at the subject area or the beginning of their letter.The purpose of sending it to the entire board is because it may also be of interest to other people even if mainly directed at one person. If you don't want to rece
>. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain.JEAN By being only what &quot;you&quot; are, you can awaken each morning to a new day that's an opportunity to seek whatever you want-with no previous deceptions to get in your way.-----Original Message-----
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of SammyD832@aol.com
>Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 1:00 PM
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Re: Maid Service?????
>
>Just wanted to let you know your mail came to my E-Mail address. Its strange every since i signed up on the &quot; ADHESION QUILT &quot; I have been getting a couple of peoples mail. Im trying to write you all back and let you know.
> Thanks,
> Angie

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: