Re: Millie

From: debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com ("debsiwministry@carolina.rr.com")
Mon May 6 06:01:54 2002

Miralax Hi: My son is on miralix and it hasn't worked to well. No happy medium and if you don't drink tons of water(he's 4) it makes the constipation worse. He was put on flaxseed oil one day ago and it has worked wonders. He has high IQ Asperger's Syndrome(a form of autism) which has bowel problems.Flaxseed oil has been the first thing that has worked...we have tried everything. Hope this helps. Deb -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Monday, May 06, 2002 06:25:12 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Millie My last CT scan showed loops of bowel where my uterus used to be. That is itself does not mean an obstruction. If you have an obstruction, you would be vomiting within an hour after you try to eat and having unbearable pain. There would be no question about going to emergency room. That is how it happened to me. Even liquids would come back up right away. I think Karla had pretty much the same response. Try to not get stressed out about it; stress can make your nerves tighten your muscles up, which will only aggravate your insides. Try to find something else to focus on; maybe take up a hobby that isn't a physical one like crochet, knitting, painting, reading a book, writing a book, bird watching, etc. Are you on meds for the pain? Sometimes they cause your bowels constipation. I used to take Colace occasionally. My pain doc just gave me a script for a new one called Miralax to try. I can't recommend it, as I haven't tried it yet. I am staying away from surgery at all costs. My only surgery for a total obstruction was in 1982. Since that time I have had partial hysterectomy (uterus) and a laprascope last year, which showed adhesions again. There were so many she (Dr.) just backed her scope out and said she didn't want to risk trying to do anything that way. I am so glad she did as one little slip could ! have made things much worse. I know it is a viscious cycle to keep going thru these things, but surgery doesn't always work and things can get worse that way. Feel free to contact me at any time. I am always willing to talk and try to help, even if it is just listening or a shoulder to lean on. Gentle Hugs to you.
--

Your Friend, 
Cheryl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: