Re: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

Sun May 5 22:09:28 2002

Raven, Thanks so much for answering my post. I truly do appreciate it. I will try to get an appointment with someone tomorrow, or go to e.r., I guess. Still very small bursts of gas, when I may get them. Also only had tiny bits of loose stool. My whole lower abdomen and pelvis burn like a combination of diarrhea and bladder infection. I really believe my bladder and bowel may be in one mass. Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: RNURSERAS@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 9:27 PM Subject: Re: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

--
  Millie, my name is Raven, I don't post too often, but felt I needed to address this one. You have describe what I feel all of the time! I have adhesions at my sigmoid colon and they are slowly twisting it off. I only have BM's every 4-5 days and then I go all day. Small amounts, very pencil like. I try to keep my bowels as loose as possible. My adhesions were found first during my hysterectomy. Since then I have had a barium enema which showed a tortuous colon. I have also had a colonoscopy that was very difficult to do. We know that my adhesions are there so thus it was a bit easier to diagnose. I am having partial obstructions now. Both partial and complete obstructions can be diagnosed by x-ray and lab work. I had an NG tube once. I was asleep when they put it down. They are very uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the discomfort of the nausea and vomiting! I have put NG tubes down patients and it is a v! ery uncomfortable procedure. Obstructions are taken care of in a number of ways. Some have to be surgically undone, some can be undone by decompressing the bowel (with the NG tube). Sometimes meds can relax the colon enough that partial obstructions undo themselves, this is what mine are doing. I hope I have answered all of your questions. If not you can contact me at rnurseras@aol.com
  I would find me a GI doctor if you don't already have one. I would also encourage you to contact your family doc again and be very upfront with him. Take him some info on adhesions. He will probably send you to a GI doc or a surgeon.
  Wishing you pain free days,
  Raven Spurlin (Arkansas)
  rnurseras@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: